This is a view of the Highland Station grain elevator (at left), looking southeast across Livingston Road. The elevator was built by the firm of Palmer & Palmer in 1881, but was soon sold to Highland native William Smith Seaver. Seaver then operated the elevator and several other businesses in town until 1909, when he sold out to Charles B. Atkin.
The smaller building to the right of the elevator was originally the office of the Oakland Vinegar Company in Spring Mills. In 1902, however, Seaver purchased the building and had it moved to Highland Station. It was later bought by William Needham, who moved it a second time to the north side of Livingston Road and used it as a home.